[PD] Font Size under OS X?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Aug 27 20:02:32 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Stefan Tiedje hat gesagt: // Stefan Tiedje wrote:

> I created one, but Textedit wont open it because its invisible. I guess
> I should use a different editor (I prefer a noncommandline). What is
> recommended for that purpose?

Well, I don't know what is good on OS-X, but if I may still recommend
a terminal editor, then "vi" as was mentioned is available on *every*
decent Unix-like system. It's a bit tricky to use, though, to say the
least.

But I can give detailed instructions provided vi on OS-X behaves as it
does everywhere else.

* Open a Terminal

* type:
    vi ~/.pdrc

* you'll see a lot of "~" signs, don't worry:
  vi is in the normal mode now where every key is a command. A ~
  represents a non-existing line, which you have plenty of as ~/.pdrc
  is still empty.

* now type:

* now vi is in in "i"nsert mode and you can edit the text as usual.

* to save, first press "Escape" to get back to normal mode

* type:
    :w
  to save

* type: