[PD] can i somehow set a startpath for [openpanel]?

cdr ix at replic.net
Sat Aug 28 12:49:01 CEST 2004

> Ah, I see, this seems to require a custom solution. Well. such
> wildcards would be nice, but also some kind of luxury item, which in
> economic times like these might not be affordable.

i hacked this into my copy a couple months ago because i was losing money with all the time wasted switching between patch & data dirs -- a symbol reciever to openpanel in x_gui.c and send that to the openpanel in u_main.tk with:
-initialdir dir -file_types {{"wave files"{.wav}}} etc...

you can have multiple like {.wav .aiff .sdII} for a single type, so perhaps a new inlet accepting a list would be more your style....