[PD] Data structure arrays: plotting and editing "w"

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Aug 30 10:58:39 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Miller Puckette hat gesagt: // Miller Puckette wrote:

> Editing of "data" using the mouse is awkward to say the least... I'm still
> looking for ways to make it more usable.  To change "y", you should be
> able to click 1/2-way batween the upper vertex and the lower vertex that
> describes a point havin both "y" and "w".

I found out now that I cannot edit y with mouse, if the array element
was defined having y as first field.

This will not let me edit y, only w:

 [struct elem float y float x float w]
 [struct something array elements elem]

whereas this allows edits of y as well:

 [struct elem float x float y float w]
 [struct something array elements elem]

I suppose this is a bug somehow, or am I required to use a certain
order by design?

Ciao