[PD] bluetooth remote control?

Christian Klotz list_pd at deviation.de
Fri Sep 10 16:12:14 CEST 2004

hi

On Sep 10, 2004, at 3:31 PM, Pall Thayer wrote:
> I know there's something that lets you controll xmms from a
> mobile over bluetooth on linux. Most likely open-source and could give
> some idea of what's involved.

the problem is, that I wont use a mobile. I just wanna have a device
which gives you the possibility to use a rotary controller which
outputs a number according to the position. By pushing a button the
number should be transfered to the receiver and processed by the pd
patch.
thats why I am looking for a solution but the mobile remote control
software wont work in this case I think.

> On fös, 2004-09-10 at 10:47, rat at telecoma.net wrote:
>> hi christian,
>>
>> there are a few bluetooth serialport modules out there,
>> for example the one from parallax.com.
>> you can interface it to a microcontroller to build your own
>> physical interface and then get the data via the comport object
>> into your pd patch.
>>
>> On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Christian Klotz wrote:
>>
>>> hi all,
>>> because of trying to remote control a pd patch I was wondering if its
>>> possible to use bluetooth. Because it has to be a special device I am
>>> not planning to use any bluetooth keyboards or mice. Does anybody
>>> know
>>> a possibility to get this idea workin (on OS X in this case) or is
>>> there a way to get the bluetooth data on a midi channel?
>>> thanks, cheers

... and thank you all for your replies
cheers
---
Christian Klotz
Kunsthochschule Kassel / School of Arts Kassel ::digitalpool