[PD] [OT] Thinkpad + Fireface [denormal debate again...]

gerard van dongen gml at xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 19 20:08:53 CEST 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 14:50:46 +0200, derek holzer <derek at x-i.net> wrote:
  Using an Intel compiler on PD alone didn't
> really give me any big gains, so it must be done on the level of the
> kernel.

hmm, I would think that it would actually be a libc problem not a kernel
problem.
Since that is where the math is handled I think.
I don't see how the kernel can do anything about denormals, other then
providing a /proc interface for processor switches.

There is also more variance in libc version floating around because there
hasn't been an "official" release of glibc in ages.
redhat is known to use their own patched versions. Gentoo might also be
using cutting/bleeding edge versions.
And there are issues with jack and _some_ recent libc versions.

On a related note:
Are you using pd with jack with an nptl libc?

ciao

Gerard