[PD] Return to zexy compile error

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Fri Oct 1 18:22:58 CEST 2004

I dont remember if I posted this here yet, sorry if I already have.

Im trying to build zexy but I get a weird error:
:: zexy.o z_connective.o z_pack.o z_multiplex.o z_drip.o z_makesymbol.o z_strings.o z_index.o z_msgfile.o z_stat.o z_average.o z_sort.o z_tabread4.o z_coordinates.o z_datetime.o z_lp.o z_matrix.o z_noise.o z_testfun.o z_multiline.o z_sigmatrix.o z_nop.o z_zdelay.o z_limiter.o z_quantize.o z_swap.o z_sigbin.o z_sigaverage.o z_dfreq.o z_sigzero.o z_pdf.o z_sfplay.o z_sfrecord.o z_sigpack.o z_prime.o z_random.o z_wrap.o
ld -export_dynamic  -shared -o zexy.pd_linux *.o -lc -lm
ld: z_average.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
z_average.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
make: *** [all] Error 1

I checked the build (not the linker main) makefiles and they do indeed include -fPIC flags. So whats up? I will look at the patch that got gem working for me and my 64 bit arch supplied by G. Geiger, and see if theres some fix that can be transfered there.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
-thewade