[PD] Re: [rradical]example.pd bugs?

chun lee leechun at leechun.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Oct 9 15:23:53 CEST 2004

Hi frank:

Thanks for the reply!

>Well, it looks like you find all the unfinished patches first. ;)
Sorry, I am a bit confused.....
Ummm, first as in I am the first person that found it's unfinished or I got
them from the wrong place so they are unfinished? where could I get the
finished version?

>Regarding your send/recive problem: I cannot really duplicate this,
>but in the newer patches, I normally use the same send and receive
>names in the IEMGUI object (like it already is for $0-lfo). The "-in"
>and "-out" will be removed altogether everywhere to fit with this
>model. When I was doing those patches, I didn't knew that this simple
>approach can work very well and all the time.
I made a small mistake in my last post. $0-wave-out/in is correct, but the
rest (warm, inst and lfo) isn't. I found that the send and receive symbol
set in the sliders properties were the wrong way round as to the right order
set in the Wave's radio buttons.

>> error: scale: no method for "float"
>You got the "wrong" [scale]

I suspected this might be the case (my [scale] is from GEM), but instead of
looking for the right scale, I thought it might be quicker doing [/127]->[*
somevale] to get the right scaling. I have done enough of object hunting
yesterday;)

>I forgot the double [sqrt] part!! How could I miss this. Can you
>check, if attached rrad.adsr4~ sounds better (with the [*~][*~] in
>again)? This has the [sqrt][sqrt] in it.

After I plugged the [rrad.adsr4~] in the place of [mgadsr] (presumably this
is where you want me to try), I realized that there were quite a bit of
modification need to be made for it to work (mainly the difference in output
string format), so I just put the [sqrt]->[sqrt]->[vline~] in the [madsr]
and kept the [mgadsr] as is. The level is good now.

>(hint: "pd usecases/use-showcase.pd" ;)

Ok, am I doing something fundamentally wrong in checking stuff out from the
CVS? I got no "use-showcase.pd" in my "/abstractions/rradical/usecase"
directory.

And I just did a on-line browsing at the CVS
"CVS/pure-data/abstractions/rradical/usecases" and see no "use-showcase.pd"
either.

What happened?

Cheers

CHUN