[PD] Devel_0_37 Compile: undefined reference to `copyvec'

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Tue Oct 19 04:11:56 CEST 2004

Tim Blechmann wrote:

>>I have a k7, the only ones listed are p4, p3, g4, g5. Trying it with
>>--enable-optimize=k7 yields an error of course:
>>

>k7 isn't implemented in the configure script ...
>

>>m_simd_sse_gcc.c
>>m_simd_sse_gcc.c:690: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
>>m_simd_sse_gcc.c: In function `setvec_simd':
>>m_simd_sse_gcc.c:40: error: impossible constraint in `asm'
>>make: *** [m_simd_sse_gcc.o] Error 1
>>

>i'm not sure if the k7 supports sse ... if so, you'd have to add
>-march=athlon or something like that to the CFLAGS, otherwise the gcc
>assembler doesn't know of the existence of the xmm registers ...
>but if you run the configure script without any --enable-simd and
>--enable-optimize, i doubt there are any problems ...

Right, but that's where I started.

./configure --prefix=$HOME --enable-alsa --enable-jack
--enable-threadedsf --enable-fftw

make

Still yields the same error. I even just ran yet another cvs update, but
still the same problem.

Thanks for your help thus far.
-Ian

>>After I updated there wasn't a ./configure script as usual. I ran
>>autoconf without any args and that created a configure script. Perhaps
>>

>that's intended ...

AAAH! Change! I can't deal with change! :)