[PD] DV ieee1394, gem and pd: Part 2

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Oct 19 19:12:50 CEST 2004

thewade wrote:
> Hello again again,
>
> video4linux
> ieee1394 for linux
> GEM: Start rendering
> error: GEM: pix_dv: define DV(IEEE1394) for your OS
>
> What does this mean?
it does mean, that i have forgotten to remove the pix_dv.* files from
the gem-source.

> It looks like I have IEEE and then later it looks
> like I dont...

use a "driver 1" message to [pix_video] which should switch from
video4linux to libdv.
unfortunately i don't remember the syntax exactly (well "driver 1" is
simple, but i can't remember any other messages...)
you need the dv1394-module loaded.
everything should work with devfs-running (but as i remember someone
comitted a patch to make it run with non-devfs systems too (this patch
is already included!))

hope this helps.

mfg.as.dr
IOhannes