[PD] Simple PDP mixer patch

Thomas Sivertsen thomas at bek.no
Wed Oct 20 01:40:42 CEST 2004

sara kolster wrote:

> Hi Thomas,

hello

> I've tried quickly a couple of things with your mixing-tool.
>
> The thing which doesn't work for me is the pd chromakey. I get
> something like this: invalid command name ".x47bb60.c"

Ah yep. It has some weirdness. At least it's not a stack overflow or
slow-down (that I noticed...). Will fix. Wasn't tested for anything but
bluescreen, and it's way too simple (need to figure out about alphas).

> To solve your metro problem, i attached a qt_example which makes it
> possible to change the metro while playing with trigger/float/bang.

Yes! I forgot the thing about banging the metro on each incrementation!
Thank you!
But, I wanted to do something with the absolute frame-numbers because
that will be more flexible in the end. I have an idea about an fps as a
motion-blur-threshold. Simple, but works since processing is free in
pdp, at least for my use so far. :-)

> Graph on parent is always funny, but it makes it a little bit easier
> if you use a canvas as a background

Aha. That was one of the things I wanted to afterwards. Looks like it'll
be black & yellow, then.

> When saving/closing the file, you have to adjust the window to the
> size that you want for graph on parent, which is the 'size' which
> appears on your flake.01 window. But it's always a bit 'tricky' to do
> it precise.

Oh. That is not so simple when it keeps reseting shit left and right,
top and bottom, not to mention hogs the scale units and has an artistic
idea about the placement of my sliders and toggles. The whole thing
about sacrificing goats and stuff isn't really necessary. Still, i guess
it takes more than 4-5 hours practice and a trackpad to make it easy. :-/

Anyway, I didn't read the docs well enough or experiment enough before
opening my big mouth. Will practice. :-)

> The hradio works fine if it isn't placed on top on another object in
> the final window.

Well, not for me. Will investigate. I tried it in subpatches, there it
works ok. Better approach for some things, anyway.

> Hope this will help a bit.

Thank you! The docs for graph-on-parent very much welcome!

Tomorrow my stack-overflowing almost-pure-pd step-sequencer will get
some more attention along with the other stuff.

Flake, indeed.

    .thanks