[PD] Re: readsf~ / soundfiler crash with lots of big files

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Fri Nov 12 09:46:38 CET 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Stefan Turner wrote:
> Definitely not a stupid suggestion, thanks, I'm gonna
> try it tomorrow. Just thought maybe there might have
> been a nicer way of getting readsf~ or soundfiler not
> to try to allocate loads of memory for no reason...

Hi Stefan,

readsf~ does not allocate memory for no reason, but anyhow, the problem
you encounter is definitely a bug in PD. (All crashes are bugs).

Anyhow, if you want to help in solving the issue faster, try the patch
you have with the latest version of Pd (0.38test10), if possible try to
figure out what actually triggers the behaviour.

File a bug report at the newly activated bug reports page:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=55736&atid=478070

At least this way your problems won't drown in the masses of mailing
list mails.

Guenter