[PD] understand soundfiler

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Dec 3 13:20:15 CET 2004

Hallo,
Marc Boon hat gesagt: // Marc Boon wrote:

> Is there a good mechanism to enter escaped characters through the GUI, or
> do you just have to hack them into the .pd files with a text editor?

No, and yes, you'd have to. Although I'd welcome a good escaping
mechanism I seldom *need* to use spaces in messages as excaped spaces.
Except for doing text processing (hi, Bryan) I don't really see the
need at all, and for text processing I think, Pd is not well suited
anyways. Using something like the Python external instead can help a
lot.

Something which I really miss however is the ability, to create '$0'
in dynamic patch building. Currently I always use "dollar0..." to
build my chains of [commun /nX $0] objects in RRADical, then search
and replace 'dollar0' with '\$0' in the .pd textfile by hand or using
perl, which is annoying. (See the commun-builder.pd in RRADical for an
example.)

Ciao