[PD] understand soundfiler

Marc Boon marcboon at dds.nl
Fri Dec 3 16:04:05 CET 2004

Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Although I'd welcome a good escaping
> mechanism I seldom *need* to use spaces in messages as excaped spaces.
> Except for doing text processing (hi, Bryan) I don't really see the
> need at all, and for text processing I think, Pd is not well suited
> anyways. Using something like the Python external instead can help a
> lot.

Still, you need to get the text message to the Python external.
Besides that, I find it a bit to have to resort to Python only to get a text
message out.
I use the [system] object to start shell scripts which are triggered by pd
events, and here too, I have to use [makefilename] to build a commandline. It
works, but it's ugly.