[PD] Array size?

Rory Walsh rorytheroar at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 8 20:29:35 CET 2004

I have a patch that writes 4 piece of audio to 4
different arrays, each of the samples are 5 seconds
long, so each of the arrays are over 200,000 points
long. It seems to cause quite a lag in performace, any
pointers? I did not think that filling 4 5 second
audio buffers would cause this kind of problem? I am
running XP and have only 256 RAM, but surely 256 RAM
is enough for 20 seconds? Or is it?

thanks in advance,
Rory.

PS I am also using quite a few of the GUI objects,
could this be adding to the problem?