[PD] markov anyone?

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Fri Dec 10 13:16:57 CET 2004

Hi all,

I forgot to mention: Last summer I ported the markov object written
for Max some 11 years ago to pd. If someone is interested, I can send
it off list. I didn't dare to post it as it is not very well
documented and I just can't find the time to get some help patches
done, so it's only for the brave ;-)

It's linux only yet, but it should be rather trivial to compile for
other platforms.

--
Orm

P.S.: Some info on the object:

- markov chains up to any order (right now it's limited in a #DEFINE
  statement to a maximum of 32, which should serve about any needs,
  but a simple recompile could change that easily).

- changing the order while it is running/generating events.

- feedback generated events to the table (changing the probabilities)

- search mode to report weights of chains.

- saving and loading states to/from a file or dumping to the outlets.

- memory usage is low and grows linearly with order or number of
  elements in the table.

- very efficient due to a multidimensional search tree.