[PD] pd on ubuntu linux anyone?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Dec 23 16:47:20 CET 2004

Hallo,
altern hat gesagt: // altern wrote:

> i  dont remember well, some libraries seem to be missing ... whas it tcl
> maybe?.
> I will try later again and copy the error to post it to the list.
> its a pitty because Ubuntu looks quite nice but i have tried compiling
> PD, Audacity, wxpython, and none works. its gonna take me time to make
> it work.

Maybe first try to compile "hello world" (apt-get install hello), then
this more complicated packages? (I'm not joking.)

It sounds like you don't have the "-dev" packages for the libraries
install, which are needed by those source packages. Compiling should
work with apt-get (again) if you do a

$ apt-get build-dep <packagename>
$ apt-get -b source <packagename>

Ciao