[PD] controlling stuff with tables

Johannes M Zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jan 3 10:35:29 CET 2005

pun chik wrote:
> hi list, im controlling some amplitudes using signals, from tables. i
> create the signals multiplicating osc~ and  phasor~.  i want to know is
> there is a way to  make that the last number in my table can be  the
> first one in the table , otherwise it produces clicks.

the simplest method would be, to use tables that ajust hold one sample.
this would ensure that the first value in the table equals the last one.

> seconds question is , how can i make that my first number and the last
> one in the table always be cero?
> it would nice if there is a way of doing this automatically. so i can
> create complex signals dynamically without worry about clicks.

honestly, use another table for windowing the 1st table (this is:
multiply the 2 tables together): the 1st table holds whatever you want,
and the 2nd makes the result fit into some boundary conditions (like
smooth transitions,...)

mfg.ads.r
IOhannes