[PD] 2.6.10-Realtime-lsm pd-0.38-0 x86_64: jackd finally connects

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Thu Jan 20 01:12:53 CET 2005

Hello all,

I finally got pd to connect to jackd when both are
started as user, and in conjunction with the
realtime-lsm module running as modprobe realtime
gid=xxx. All I did was compile pd-0.38-0 without
the --enable-setuid flag!

I get TONS of DIO errors though: the test audio
tone is all poppy even though the cpu usage is
less than 1 percent. No xruns on jack, so I cannot
blame that.

Does anyone know how to get PD to run as user
without all the DIO errors? For example using nice
with a really high priority? When I run both jackd
and pd as root I get XRUNS 20 min into fooling
around which disallows me to use this machine for
performances (plus I have to wait to get the
x86_64 table & wav file thing fixed...)
I have tried disableing acpi by sending noacpi
flags to the kernel

Thanks again!
-thewade