[PD] send~ and receive~ issues

Piotr Majdak piotr at majdak.com
Tue Feb 8 19:11:27 CET 2005

Hi Krzysztof,

Krzysztof Czaja wrote:

> the problem is block-wise handling of 'start' by readsf~, which could
> (should?) be changed.  The delay's output is correctly time-stamped.

This could be the explanation why delay works exactly in all other
cases. I've always tested the combination of delay and readsf~ - see my
test-patch. In this patch, setting delay to 9.333333ms causes a delay of
8ms, until you set it to 9.334ms :-(

And that's my current solution: add 0.001ms to every delay. Thus, I send
8.001ms for 6 blocks and 9.334 for 7 blocks delay (SR=48kHz). Not very
elegant solution, but it works for me (with some limitations).

Thanx,

Piotr

--
Piotr Majdak