[PD] acieeed?

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Sun Feb 13 05:09:53 CET 2005

Have to admit that those Blop oscillators sound pretty damned good. One
problem with PD is that there's no simple [+ anti-aliased] way to make a
square, triangle or PWM oscillator. I can't recall which waveforms get
used in Frank's thingee [triangle and square are pretty
acieeeeed-sounding, tho...], but they won't sound nearly so phat if you
"home-brew" it w/o the Blop oscillators. Vcf303 could probably be
replicated with the vcf~ object in main PD, but again it might not be so
fine tuned. Also might take a different range of control numbers. Try it
out and see. Somebody else might have made some cross-platfrom,
anti-aliased multi-wavefrom osciallators. Might be good if they chimed
in right about now if they have ;-)

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl