[PD] bug report: maxlib compile probs, linux

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Sun Feb 20 00:09:31 CET 2005

FWIW, I think this has been ignored so far because people have
recommended using the externals/build system for building maxlib and
others, which doesn't yield an error. Actually, it does have problems
with "make install" because the filenames of the HID objects have
changed, but that's another issue.

Cheers,
ISH

august wrote:

> maxlib will fail to compile under linux if you have a PD version that is
> not 0.37
>

> so, to fix this, I changed this line:
>
> #if defined PD_MAJOR_VERSION && PD_MAJOR_VERSION==0 && PD_MINOR_VERSION==37
>
> to:
>
> #if defined PD_MAJOR_VERSION && PD_MAJOR_VERSION==0 && PD_MINOR_VERSION>37
>
> in the following files:
>
> 	netserver.c
> 	netrec.c
> 	netclient.c