[PD] loadbang in dynamic abstractions

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri Mar 25 18:44:53 CET 2005

hi ben

----- Original Message -----
From: "B. Bogart" <ben at ekran.org>

> Hey Tom,
>
> If you look at pt.layerfx in pixelTANGO I'm sending a bang to all
> dynamic abstractions after all the creation messages have been sent
and
> an additional (arbitrary) delay. It seems to work...

are you sure, that a delay is necessary? in my experience, the
determinisme of pd is absolutely reliable. i mean, when i use a [t b b]
and i use the first 'bang' to create the whole patch and the second one
the send the 'loadbang' it works perfectly.
afaik, pd rather drops the audio-processing for while than dropping a
message. at least i experienced that if i create big patches
dynamically, i get audio drop-outs.

> It would be damn handy to have tcl/tk report when a dynamic patch has
> finished building.

in case i am right, this wouldn't be necessary anymore... or would it?

cheers
roman