[PD] Win 2000 pix_video

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Wed Mar 30 07:06:32 CEST 2005

Thanks for the response.

I've upgraded every driver under the sun and DirectX. It's good to hear
you recommend that because I was considering downgrading it. Upgrading
the Radeon driver helped a touch.

Unfortunately, the Matrox's new drivers only run on Windows XP; it looks
like Matrox /withdrew/ support for Win 2k or something!?!

I also wasn't aware that it was possible to reduce the capture
resolution before it got to Pd, I'll look into that.

For the time being I'm going to try to use a G4 laptop. What you say
about the optimization is interesting. I was amazed at how easily the
video software Isadora plays with full res DV, despite its rather heavy
GUI. Isadora's author basically said he did Altivec optimizations, but I
didn't think that that would account for the impressive performance. A
Mac pecularity would help to explain it. Does anyone have info on this?

Thanks again,
Ian

http://www.0x09.com