[PD] whisper filtering and fft

Phillip Stearns mindphone_divided at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 21:21:34 CEST 2005

I'm attempting to create whisper-like effects using
cascading and parallel filtering of noise.  Does
anyone have some filters that they would recommend or
point me towards.  I'm pretty sure that this would be
the same type of filtering associated with speech
related formants.  I'm also interested in filter
settings that will replicate most vowels/phonemes.

Is there a good resource that explains how PD's FFT
works with some explanation of the theory and
applications.  The help files just don't explain
enough and I don't have enough of a background in FFT
as of yet to figure out meaningful manipulations or
applications of the data.

Thanks,
Phil