[PD] HID segfault

metafor metafor at gmx.net
Sat Apr 9 15:32:56 CEST 2005

hi list

i have the same problem here with hid. cat shows output for both
input/event2 and event3,
both have ms sidewinder gamepads attached which are recognized by the
hid external, but
as soon as i press start in the joystick abstraction pd segfaults..

any idea what it could be? i run a 2.6.11-preemt kernel with debian,  Pd
version 0.38.4
without -rt.

i will try it with 0-37-4 now, but i am not really sure if it has
anything to do with it.
any guess what i should try else?

thanks

[hid] 0.4, written by Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>
[hid] opened device 0 (/dev/input/event0): AT Translated Set 2 keyboard
expr, expr~, fexpr~ version 0.4 under GNU General Public License
 linearpan~
... couldn't create
[hid] opened device 0 (/dev/input/event0): AT Translated Set 2 keyboard
 pddp
... couldn't create
 all_about_hid_mapping
... couldn't create
[hid] closed device 0
[hid] opened device 2 (/dev/input/event2): Microsoft SideWinder Game Pad
Pro USB version 1.0
pd_gui: pd process exited
Segmentation fault