[PD] Full screen

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Sun Apr 10 16:51:11 CEST 2005

On Apr 10, 2005, at 6:32 AM, timon wrote:

> Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to turn on/off the menubar at
> the top?
> Im running pd/Gem on OSX and I want to output a stereo screen to two
> projectors. Cant seem to get rid if the menubar on window 1. Bit
> annoying.

No, it's not possible to get rid of the menu bar and still have the
second screen work.  For some reason Apple decided fullscreen = games
and cut out some useful features.  The workaround was to have a fake
fullscreen that puts a window over the entire screen, which allows for
different output on separate displays, but does not take over the
display device.  I remember spending days working on this and we
settled on the best compromise that had the most utility in the
greatest number of situations.

You can do what you want by attaching 3 displays to the machine and
using two as output and one for the main.