[PD] Gem: resizing a pix smaller

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Apr 18 18:21:00 CEST 2005

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> Martin Dupras wrote:
>
>> I need to take the output of pix_video and reduce the resolution
>> considerably, to something like 16 x 12. Can anyone suggest a
>> reasonable way to do that?
>

> this has been on my todo-list for ages ;-(

oh, and i forgot to mention:
you should be already able to do this with [pix_resize];
if you don't give any arguments, it will enlarge an image to have a
2^n-size. (e.g. a 200x100 image will be resized to 256x128)
however, you can give arguments to define another size, e.g.:
[pix_resize 16 12] will resize the image to guess what...
note however that this uses gluScaleImage() which might bot be the
fastest algorithm in the world.... (probably not a problem when
downsampling)

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes