[PD] gridflow for pd OS X

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Mon Apr 25 20:28:45 CEST 2005

On Apr 24, 2005, at 9:19 PM, Patrick Pagano wrote:

> been struggling this evening with getting gridflow to compile on OS X
> anyone have a success story with this yet?

...it runs, that's for sure!  but without much other description of
what you've been struggling with, I can only describe some of the
things that I did:

1. http://artengine.ca/gridflow/latest/doc/install.html
2. grab the cvs
3. at the moment, gridflow depends on fink for some software:  I use
fink's ruby 1.8.1, ruby18-dev, libjpeg, and perhaps other stuff:  check
the page above for other stuff...
4.  here's what I use for prepare the compile environment (they depend
on pd having been installed by "make" & "make install", where you have
selected your home directory as the pd install prefix...this is very
important!):

export PATH=/sw/bin:/Users/yourlogin/pd-0.38-4/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/sw/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LIBRARY_PATH=/sw/lib:$LIBRARY_PATH
export
C_INCLUDE_PATH=/sw/include:/Users/yourlogin/pd-0.38-4/
include:$C_INCLUDE_PATH
export
CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=/sw/include:/Users/yourname/pd-0.38-4/
include:$CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH

5.  then I do:

./configure --no-aalib --prefix=/sw

6.  then let it compile and don't forget to add "-lib gridflow" to your
.pdrc
7.  I also do the following at the new pd ruby prompt:

GridFlow.data_path << "home/projects/gridflow/images"
GridFlow.formats[:window] = GridFlow.formats[:quartz]

...the "home/projects/.." should be the path to your
"../gridflow/images" directory, and the second line makes quartz the
default window output...IIRC, this only needs to be typed in once, and
then is remembered at least within the session of pd...

enjoy!
jamie