[PD] RE: [PD-dev] pddp style guide

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun May 1 04:58:43 CEST 2005

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Apr 30, 2005, at 6:39 PM, Thomas Grill wrote:
>> Am 30.04.2005 um 22:58 schrieb Anton Woldhek:
>> May indeed be true, but i try to repress the sad possibility.
>> I idealistically hope the PD community might somehow reflect the real
>> world.
> Well, I can only speak for American usage, but when you address a large group
> of people as "guys", it is generally assumed to be gender-neutral.  Women
> will often it use it that way also.

one word: paranoia.

i mean like this:

   http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2003-11/015726.html
   http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2003-11/015729.html

and here's a semi-related bonus pic:

   http://tornandfrayed.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/barbiemath.gif

BTW, I'd bet that among the people who are reading us right now, there is
a bigger % of women than the % of male undergrads of most psychology
departments.

  `-o--------------o--------------o-' | | Mathieu Bouchard (Montréal QC) |