[PD] SuperCollider control

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed May 4 04:49:40 CEST 2005

On May 2, 2005, at 7:03 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Patrick Pagano hat gesagt: // Patrick Pagano wrote:
>
>> Is there a way for SC3 to talk nice to pd on OSX
>> OSC, ?
>
> There are the OSC externals in CVS. They should work fine to connect
> to SC3, or are there any problems?

You can always avoid the hassle of OSC and just use Pd's native message
format: semi-colon terminated text, i.e.:

this is a message;
this is another message;

Its quite easy to generate and parse in just about any programming
language, and no extra software is needed.  Then you use TCP sockets to
send/receive the messages between Pd and SC.  In Pd, you can use
[netreceive] and [netsend] to create/connect to TCP sockets.

Or, if you must use OSC, you can get.  I think I compiled OSC as Jamie
said to and posted it here:
http://at.or.at/hans/pd/objects.html

A functional OSC is also included in this release:
http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers.html

____

"Information wants to be free."
                              -Stewart Brand