[PD] DV camera and linux

Andres Cabrera andres at geminiflux.com
Fri May 6 00:55:19 CEST 2005

Hi,
I'm trying to get my DV camera to get video into gem, but the camera is
not being recognized (not only by gem, but the same behavior appears in
kino and coriander).
The strange thing is that dvgrab captures movies alright... and I
remember having used this camera on the same hardware (but FC1) some
time ago (I'm on FC2 Planet CCRMA now).
I am using a PCMCIA firewire bridge, which works perfectly with an
external hard drive
So the question is:
How can I tell which device my dv camera is? (I have a feeling the
problem lies with the device name)
Are there any known quirks to get a dv camera to work on FC2?

Thanks,
Andres
BTW, the search at the archives at:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/
seem to be not working, any search (including known hits) produce no
results...