[PD] Grill's vasp external - sound editor - array size limit

jmmmp jmmmpl at netcabo.pt
Mon May 9 09:40:09 CEST 2005

> yes, I started this some time ago, but never did any further developement.
> possibilities for building the user interface were ... unsatisfying. Still
> I am thinking, it would be a good idea to have a native Pd wavetable
> editor.

I was thinking of something useful, but specifically "nice" (like pd
itself). What you managed to do works quite nice, but it is really necessary
to code a lot to do something so simple like a button which stays down.
Since pd allows you to do everything, why not also this tool? My priority
would be precision but not (too much) user-friendlyness.

By the way, I wanted to use it exactly for (wavetable) editing, but for
example also as a channel-splitter: I have now and then several multichannel
files (usually 4) which I have to split and edit (basically cut the
corners) - but all channels must be coordinate on the sample level - and
later mix it as I want (on a mono or stereo file, with one or more
channels).

That doesn't sound difficult to do, the only problem might be the limit of
4e06 samples for each array. Is there a way to change this limit?