[PD] [GEM] shadows and reflections

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Mon May 9 15:57:30 CEST 2005

Hey Stefan,

Zack Settle really wanted a spotlight with shadows, and got
Pierre-Oliver Charlebois to write spot_light.

Anyhow I have a test build for OSX for this, and attached is the source.

It works ok, though the shadow edges can be little ugly. And for some
reason the "lighting" switch does not work, when this object is compiled
in lighting seems always to be switched on. I'm not sure if the author
is on here, but the src files contain no log of changes for spot-light
and the source looks just looks hacked from "world light" There is a
little readme with no email contact.

Anyhow here is it, I've done nothing with it but compile, maybe it can
be added to gem proper...

Anyhow Pierre-Oliver if your reading this please subscribe to
gem-dev at iem.at and introduce yourself.

As for reflections this seems pretty improbable in real-time.. I've been
using something that looks something like reflection with pix_snap2tex
feedback. I think most reflections done in real-time are faked.