[PD] compiling iemmatrix on windows

Marius Schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Tue May 10 13:53:39 CEST 2005

From: "Thomas Grill"

> Hi Marius,
> you are obviously using the C++ compiler g++ for plain C sources.
> In the makefile try replacing $(CXX) with $(CC). This should at least
> reduce the number of error messages.

ah! that was a good hint.
What I finally did was: edit the config-pd-mingw.txt and added the line
CC=d:/mingw/bin/gcc

there is still an error (see below), but the iemmatrix.dll seems to be
built correctly and is working in Pd. thank you.

[...]
Info: resolving _s_ by linking to __imp__s_ (auto-import)
Info: resolving _s_signal by linking to __imp__s_signal (auto-import)
strip --strip-unneeded D:/pd/iemlib/iemmatrix/iemmatrix.dll
chmod 755 D:/pd/iemlib/iemmatrix/iemmatrix.dll
process_begin: CreateProcess((null), chmod 755
D:/pd/iemlib/iemmatrix/iemmatrix.dll, ...) failed.
make (e=2): Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
mingw32-make: *** [D:/pd/iemlib/iemmatrix/iemmatrix.dll] Error 2

> In case you have flext from cvs installed, you can also try to use its
> build system to build iemmatrix.
> Just create a file package.txt, with
> NAME=iemmatrix
> SRCS=iemmatrix.c mtx_binops.c ....... (all source files)
>
> and then run "pathtoflext\build.bat pd msvc". This should also work with
> MinGW.

next time...

marius.