[PD] PDP, iMovie, and Transcode

Spencer Russell Spencer.Russell at oberlin.edu
Thu May 12 14:36:52 CEST 2005

Hey there,
I shot some footage with a DV camera, then imported it into
imovie, and then took the resulting files, and tried to transcode
them on my linux box, for use with PDP. I used
transcode -Z 320x240 -y mov -F jpeg -i sky.mov -o sky2.mov
to try to make them play nice with PDP. Unfortunately, once I
start that, transcode just happily continues transcoding until I
ctrl-C out of it, resulting in a movie that's really long, and
consists only of the solid color green(when played in xine). Any
thoughts on why this might be happening? The original videos play
fine in Xine.

thanks,
spencer