[PD] PDP, iMovie, and Transcode

Spencer Russell Spencer.Russell at oberlin.edu
Thu May 12 14:47:37 CEST 2005

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 08:36:52AM -0400, Spencer Russell wrote:
> Hey there,
> I shot some footage with a DV camera, then imported it into
> imovie, and then took the resulting files, and tried to transcode
> them on my linux box, for use with PDP. I used
> transcode -Z 320x240 -y mov -F jpeg -i sky.mov -o sky2.mov
> to try to make them play nice with PDP. Unfortunately, once I
> start that, transcode just happily continues transcoding until I
> ctrl-C out of it, resulting in a movie that's really long, and
> consists only of the solid color green(when played in xine). Any
> thoughts on why this might be happening? The original videos play
> fine in Xine.
>
> thanks,
> spencer

And I should add: when I first tried to run transcode, it kept
complaining about a bunch of lib*.so.1 files, but the ones that I
had installed seemed to be newer versions than what it was
looking for. So I just made symlinks that pointed the older
version to the ones I had installed. Could that be part of the
problem?

thanks again,
spencer