[PD] no licensing, no money?

Christian Klippel ck at mamalala.de
Tue May 17 04:29:38 CEST 2005

hi all,

Am Dienstag 17 Mai 2005 01:07 schrieb Max Neupert:
> Hi list,

[..snip..]

> the university? I guess you all agree that the money should rather be
> spent in PD development. but since there is no license to aquire the
> university can't ask companys to give bids on this deal. how can open
> source projects handle this? any suggestions?

personally i think that idea of "bounties" is a good one:
http://www.gnome.org/bounties/

that way, needed aspects of the project can be funded, and institutions should
be happy with that as well. after all they can call it funding the
development of what they need.....

anyone else thought about setting up a bounties page for pd ?

maybe its even possible to set up a public society (verein in germany) for pd
and its surroundings.... that society could be then raising funds and
distribute that to developers, meetings, etc. in germany, all that takes are
just 7 people ...

"verein zur foerderung und verbreitung von dataflow-umgebungen, elektronischer
kunst und kommunikation"
doesnt that sound fancy ? ;-D

greets,

chris