[PD] Re: [PD-dev] Draft Templates for PD reference Files

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Tue May 17 20:51:07 CEST 2005

Hey Krzysztof,

I took a look at the prototype in CVS. This is an amazing start.

The compile worked fine on OSX, though I could only get pddplink to open
.pd files. Do the tcl scripts need to be sourced into the PD tcl
interpreter?

When using a URL OR a PDF or image file as an argument I get the error:

pddpclient: open sh -c open http://www.ekran.org
Error in pddpclient: Usage: open [-e] [-a <appname>] [filenames]
Help: Open opens files from a shell.
       By default, opens each file using the default application for
that file.
       If the file is in the form of a URL, the file will be open

"open http://www.ekran.org" works in the terminal, but "open sh -c open
http://www.ekran.org" seems very badly interpreted "no such file '~/-c' "

Personally I think this system would be fine to be included by default
in PD. What is the benifit of it being optional?

I could start working on the visual appearance of the link, if you would
like a hand. Plain tcl/tk should be fine?

Funny you did all this a week ago, nice to know our thoughts are inline!

Let me know if you could like a contribution of visual tk code to the link.

B.