[PD] [hid] input problem: /dev/input/js0 instead of /dev/input/event0

CK chris at lo-res.org
Thu May 19 12:37:48 CEST 2005

hi derek,

I read:
> My Gamepad shows up on /dev/input/js0, and the HID kernel drivers don't
> create any /dev/input/event nodes. So the [hid] object cannot read the
> gamepad, even though it is there. I don't know how exactly this happens,

maybe you have to create the eventXX nodes yourself but the problem
is that /dev/[event/]jsX gives you a cooked joystick output AFAIK this is
a different protocol from what one expects from /dev/input/eventXX which
is a generic hid device.

HTH

chris at lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)