[PD] gop / tcl-tk cpu overload

jmmmp jmmmpl at netcabo.pt
Fri May 20 11:27:56 CEST 2005

dear list,

I have a patch which is a simple sample player (with xgroove~), with
graphical display of the array and the reading point.
I intend to have simultaneous copies (4 to 8) of the patch running together,
so I made it an abstraction with gop.

I suspect that there is a problem with the tcl-tk progam: when I try to move
the patch it waits a few seconds (!) if I drag-and-drop, and then it goes
very slowly. but worse, when I put two abstractions in the same patch, the
cpu shoots to minimum 80% (dsp state doesn't matter).
in case I open several times the same patch with one abstraction, the cpu
goes only to 15% (it's still too much, but not to compare with before)

were there any problems with tcl-tk reported lately? I'm running xp, 0.38.3

thank you,

João Miguel Pais

Lugostr. 14
79100 Freiburg i. Br.