[PD] gop / tcl-tk cpu overload

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Fri May 20 17:14:28 CEST 2005

hi jm,

jmmmp wrote:
> I suspect that there is a problem with the tcl-tk progam: when I try to
> move
> the patch it waits a few seconds (!) if I drag-and-drop, and then it goes

just the opposite... it is slow, because the movement is not
handled directly by the tcl/tk layer.  One problem is the C
program doing an awful lot of redundant work.  Another problem
is the amount of data unnecessarily transferred between both
ends (btw, early 0.38 versions are buggy in that part).  Lastly,
there is the problem of the connection itself, which is
particularly inefficient in your system.

> were there any problems with tcl-tk reported lately? I'm running xp, 0.38.3

the latter problem was discussed recently, but not a single xp
user seemed to care...

Krzysztof