[PD] FW: Ambisonics in pd

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat May 21 19:32:57 CEST 2005

Anton Woldhek wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I was wondering if anybody has implemented the ambisonics algorythm in a pd
> external yet. I recently heard a great composition (tape) utilizing the

<rant>here comes the advertising shit</rant>

we (that is: the iem) have implemented ambisonics algorithms since at
least 2002 (btw, that's when i finished my diploma on ambisonics using pd)

although i have to admit that a lot of our realisations are _not_ within
a pd external, because the algorithm itself is quite simple and can be
build with normal pd-objects.
however, zexy's matrix-objects (which are now in iemmatrix) were
originally created to ease the task of en-/decoding ambisonic signals.

so i'd suggest searching the iem.at-homepage for something like
ambisonics: basically all implementations of spatialization-engines we
have done within the last years are realtime and done with pd.

my original implementation of a 3D-ambisonics renderer "abcde" can be
found at http://sf.net/projects/iem (just check out the "abcde" module
from the sf-cvs)
a binaural rendering system using ambisonics (with head tracking and
other fancy stuff) written by thomas musil should be available as
OpenSource soon.

<rant>thanks for your patience</rant>

mfg.abc.def
IOhannes