[PD] Audio click with stop to tabwrite~

Nicholas Ward nicholas.ward at cs.tcd.ie
Thu May 26 18:32:47 CEST 2005

Hi,
I have a problem that whenever I send a stop message to tabwrite~ to
stop it recording I get a very annoying click on the audio output. Even
on bits of the patch that have nothing to do with the tabwrite~ bit.
Same thing happens if i send a stop to xrecord~.
It depends on the size of the array the tabwrite is writing too.
Anything over 140000 and it clicks, the bigger the worse it is.
Im running the PD 0.38 app on OS X on a powerbook 800 using the built
in audio card. hmmm. just noticed the same thing on another computer.

Is there a work around for capturing large samples
Thanks
Nicky