[PD] Re: [PD-dev] pdogg hacks

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Thu May 26 22:31:47 CEST 2005

Thomas Grill wrote:

> Hi Olaf, hi all,
>
>> BTW, does anybody know this nice PDF document?
>>
>> http://www.elec.qmul.ac.uk/dafx03/proceedings/pdfs/dafx66.pdf
>>
>> On page 3 it says: "The pdogg library initially written by Olaf
>> Matthes4 was extended and threading was improved so that the external
>> now is capable of transmitting and receiving multichannel streams in
>> high-quality."
>>
>> Looks like another fork...
>

> I didn't know the document but it must be my additions to pdogg that
> were necessary for stable multi-channel streaming some time ago.
> It wasn't meant as a fork, i remember even writing to you about the
> changes...

I remember I once emailed Winfried Ritsch asking about that changes and
whether they would release their code. His answer was something like
'not right now, but maybe in the future'. However I can't reconstruct
how much they (or maybe it was you) changed.
I also remember you once said you couldn't decide whether or not to
release the changes (or give them to me), so there must be more than
just stable multichannel support. But this is plain guessing since we
all forgot what really happened....

Ah, and you said you couldn't figure out how my oggamp~ was working so
you made your own one.... another fork? :-)

> i think back then when i worked on the pdogg code i wasn't
> aware that there were actually two incarnations of the objects.

By that time I was still working on the original pdogg, I think.

Olaf