[PD] Re: [PD-dev] pdogg hacks

rama medialist at xicnet.com
Thu May 26 23:56:25 CEST 2005

El jue, 26-05-2005 a las 19:25 +0200, Frank Barknecht escribió:
> Hallo,
> rama hat gesagt: // rama wrote:
>
> > of course i wouldn't allow any of my work, which is all free to use,
> > change, whatever GPL, to be included in any non-free project. however I
> > wonder how it can be controlled. I mean, if any closed-source project
> > would like to steal code from open-source ones, who would be able to
> > avoid that?
>
> I'm sure Olaf never would do that.

sorry, didn't want to mean that, was not thinking that way...
i dripped a bit away thinking in more general terms, so it was
quite out of the point.

at the same time i want to thank a lot to the open source from Olaf's as
I've learnt a lot from it about dealing with externals code and more (C,
ogg internals..) that's why i expressed as first feeling "it's sad to
hear..." that good brains can still stay without releasing their code,
so their knowledge.

i can understand contractual conditions, but I would reject project
which forbid me to release them 'open'. but don't want to to flame on.
i also know what's to not have for buying bread as Olaf mentioned
previously on this thread.

best,