[PD] Computer Aided Composition

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri May 27 16:57:30 CEST 2005

Hallo,
josue moreno hat gesagt: // josue moreno wrote:

> can anybody tell me or recomended some objects good for Computer Aided
> Composition?

Olaf Matthes' maxlib library has several useful objects for this,
like objects for various random distributions, beat and rhythm for
beat tracking. There are two borax'es available as well, one in
maxlib, one in Cyclone, IIRC. PDContainer also is very useful to store
and modify things like patterns etc. as can be "xeq".

Data structures are a cool way to compose. Apart from the included
docs there is a more basic tutorial by me as part of the pd~convention
documentation and there is a spanish text about the same topic with a
similar approach like my tutorial but covering things in much more
detail. (I don't understand a word, only the pictures but judgung from
your name you might be able to understand more than I do.) I don't
have a URL handy, but it's in the list archive.

Generally however all these objects are rather low level. If you want
"Band in a Box" you'll need to build this on your own - but that is
most of the fun actually.

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "scans" _ http://footils.org/cms/show/41