[PD] Re: jack clicks but alsa or oss runs smoothly

Iain Mott mott at reverberant.com
Mon May 30 07:14:21 CEST 2005

hello - just reporting back on the partial resolution of a problem I was
having with audio clicking when running jack (still getting the odd
click - but it's good on the whole). Turned out the problem was to do
with the delay time applied after sending an "open" message to readsf~.
Initially I had delays of 10 msec set before sending "1" to start
reading. Turned out a delay of 100 msecs is needed to avoid the clicks.

Without running Jack there is no need for me to apply any delay - no
clicks.

Is there a reason for this?

cheers, iain