[PD] MIDI controller for audio transposition ?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon May 30 09:34:15 CEST 2005

Hallo,
f.bardet at voila.fr hat gesagt: // f.bardet at voila.fr wrote:

> I need to control from PD the transposition of an audio input to a
> digital effect processor (ref. LEM FX24). This machine can do it
> through a knob, and can also receive MIDI messages. I guess I can
> control this from PD sending MIDI messages with the block
> “ctlout”, but I didn’t find a MIDI controller number for
> transposition. (as controller number 7 is for main volume). Any
> suggestion or MIDI documentation to help me ? Thanks for your
> advices.

You need to check the manual of your device. Even though there are
some conventions like Ctl 7 for Volume, there's not guarantee, that a
midi hardware or software follows this convention. Take Pd: You can do
everything with Ctl7.

Your effect processor might even use note values for transposition. So
check the manual.

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "scans" _ http://footils.org/cms/show/41