[PD] Gem image analysis

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Tue May 31 08:00:00 CEST 2005

On May 30, 2005, at 9:34 PM, Thomas Ouellet Fredericks wrote:

> Again:
>
> Use pix_movement.
> Analyse with [pix_blob 4] (alpha channel)
> The last outlet of pix_blob gives you the amount of movement in the
> image.

The last outlet is for the Z axis and, as near as I can tell, the code
measures how bright the image is by dividing the sum of all of the
selected channels by the maximum possible sum for the image.  So if the
image was entirely white (R,G,B all = 255) it would give a 1.0 and a
black image would be 0.0.

My method to measure change over time or from a reference image would
act as a trigger, which is I believe what Max wants to do.

cgc