[PD] Re: [PD-announce] pix to pdp bridge

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Sat Jun 18 19:37:29 CEST 2005

On Jun 17, 2005, at 8:19 AM, Georg Holzmann wrote:

> pix_2pdp captures the contents of a Gem pix and transforms it to a
> PDP packet with almost no cpu power.
> So it's possible to convert from Gem to PDP to Gem to PDP to ... if
> you use the Gem pix objects!

hey georg,

...congrats, this is something I can scratch off my to-do list!  I'm
also glad to see you went ahead and did other colorspaces, but I do
wonder why you didn't use the GemPixUtils.cpp color conversion
routines?  I think that it is better to use these so that we have a
"one-stop-shop" to concentrate all optimizations...I also have a
little quibble with "almost no cpu power", because this is basically
an effect that does touch every pixel, which can be quite something
depending on the size...

...but extremely useful!  Thanx again!

jamie